tisdag, juli 04, 2006

Recruiting fellow kapnismologists

Every party I go to, bringing my pipe, I normally get at least one out of two reactions:

1. That's cool/weird/oldfashioned/nice!
Normally I get a fairly positive reaction when I whip out the pipe and start to load it. Once I light it people tend to enjoy what I am smoking (almost always outdoors, and almost always some crowd-pleasing tobacco like MacBaren's Dark Twist or some other Danish/aromatic), and sniff in the air stating that some relative used to smoke pipe and they loved the smell.

2. Can I try?
At almost every party at least one person wants to try it for themselves. I tend to let them if they are nice and of age. Almost all of them say that they enjoy smoking it and some even say that they are going to buy their own pipe ASAP.

Now A, a working colleague is pondering taking up the pipe. We'll see, summer is hot right now and pipe smoking not that tempting. Maybe after the vacations...