måndag, april 24, 2006

Finally

The package which was sent from US on the 3rd of March arrived on Good Friday. It held the book, waxes and stains all in good condition and thoroughly packed.

It was apparently the customs (not sure wether US or Swedish) that had caused the latency. They also put a heavy toll on the 28$ value goods - app. 20$!!!

This is not intended to encourage European customers to buy stuff from the US, I guess. All in all (included the double freight costs of 2x14$) this package has cost me some 75$... but then, for another app. 20$ (new toll) I am looking forward to recieve an identical package in about two weeks...

No criticism towards PIMO though, it was I who was naïve enough not to consider the customs when buying things from the US. I have previously bought stuff over the Internet without considering the seller's nationality, but they were of course from the European Community... Free flow of goods and services is one of the major points of having that "federal" contraption inside Europe.

Ah, well. Until our Über-states stop waging this commercial "war", I guess I won't be buying too much stuff from the USA .