onsdag, maj 31, 2006

Geographical tobacco

Got a 100g tin of Sweet Dublin as a present from my non-smoking friend K. She had asked me what I liked and I tried to make it easy on her, me being a fan of Balkan and English, I just said that anything that has a geographical connotation towards Middle east or England is usually OK. Wasn't expecting her to think that Irish Cities = England but there you go. The can is really nice. Inside, there is a golden mixture with a few darker shavings here and there. It smells sweet and with some effort I can trace some light Irish (Jameson?) whiskey in there. It stuffs easily and burns just fine and dry, all the way down. The room note is quite lovely, actually but the taste is a bit too sweet for my tastebuds. This is a candidate for either that Sunday morning smoke before churchgoing ;), or else I might just try and spice it up with some pure Latakia and see how they marry. I think it's not as bad as some reviewers here state, but that 100g tin will probably sit around my cabinet for a couple a years before I'v smoked it all. A nice change of pace every once in a while I guess or if I know that the PTA are coming around to discuss the kids' behaviour, this might be smoked to help up the atmosphere around the house.