måndag, november 10, 2008

Rad Davis SF POY 2008


I was lucky enough to be one of the 62 (?) members of Smokers' Forums who managed to order one of the Pipes of the Year 2008 by Rad Davis before they ran out!
It was by far the most expensive pie I have ever bought and the fact that the Swedish customs intercepted the package and demanded a ridiculous VAT/Toll of app $55 didn't help cheapen it :(

When I got it I soon forgot about the petty cash trivia however, since this is a BEAUTIFUL pipe! Rad is famous for his sandblasts (among other things), and this was a great example of his work. Haven't had the time to photograph MY specimen yet, so the picture is of a "generic" SF POY (if the expression may be allowed). Might return with close-ups of my great swirling ringblast when time permits...