tisdag, september 30, 2008

Air purifier - new age stuff that works?



Check this out. What is it? A bug? A sex toy? No, it is the XJ-800 Silent Ionic Air Purifier For Vehicle.
I was becoming desperate for a solution to get rid of the "OleGeezer" stench in the ManCave. Not that it bothered ME, hell no, but SWMBO hated it with a vengeance. We were almost on the brink of getting into a fight over my right to smoke in my ManCave!

I had pondered aromatic candles but naah, a bit to girly for my tastes and then there was also the risk for a fire accident.

I checked out air purifiers, and was chocked at the kind of money they were asking even for the portable solutions. As I stumbled upon the XJ-800 I first just laughed at the spin:
"The XJ-800 needlepoints produce optimal negative ion levels. Your car can be among the most polluted atmospheres. You and other passengers can spend hours breathing the irritating and polluted air filled with smog, exhaust, pollen, dust, bacteria and other contaminants. With our XJ-800 you can breath air as clean and fresh as waterfall air even in your car. "

Yeah. And a tape recorder with whale song and a crystal mobile swinging from the ceiling I would probably soon be in touch with the inner leprechaun. Something about the pseudo(?)-scientific tone did ring a bell inside my befuddled mind. Ionizing?

I read on:
"Better air improves your health, energy, and mood. At Yosemite Falls, you’ll experience over 100,000 negative Ions per cubic centimeter. On the other hand, the level is far below 100 per cubic centimeter on the Los Angeles freeways during rush hour. With the XJ-800, you can experience air in Yosemite Fall while driving on a rush hour."

Well. I absolutely L-U-R-V running water in a stream, and a waterfall is even better. Might be that the Ions actually are playing a part in that?

"The XJ-800’s uniquely designed electrostatic charged rings efficiently absorb airborne dust, pollen, mold spores, pet dander and cigarette smoke near around."

Cigarette smoke, huh? Might just work on pipe smoke to, no? It cost a ridiculously low sum to order so I went ahead and did it. It arrived only a few days later with an extra Adaptor for a wall outlet, so I plugged it in. There was a slight buzz and I could se some iridescent sparks inside of it! Apparently it was shooting out Ions.

Let it sit in the ManCave over night and went down the next evening. What a shocking difference! It felt the same way it does after lightning has struck in an area and the rain has stopped! Fresh, yay invigorating almost! and the stale smell of old smoke was almost all gone! I could still feel those subtle aromas from the tobacco stored in the man cave but none of that "old geezer" smell!

I rang the guy who ran the website that had sold me the XJ-800 up, and told him. He giggled like a little school girl and said in a ridicoulusly high-pitched voice "Yes, they are quite effective!"
He must have inhaled Ions for a bit too long.