måndag, augusti 11, 2008

Home Blending

I have recently started to interest myself in the why's and how's of tobacco blending. I have even started out on a really small scale to do my own blends that I jokularly have branded "OleFatt[blendName goes here]".
So far I have made OleFattBalkan (a mix that focuses on Orientals/VA/Latakia) and OleFattEnglish (a mixture that focuses on VA/Latakia/Oriental/SecretCondiments).

The two little tins have been cellaring over the summer and I have tried (Oh how I have tried) not to open them and smoke. I have failed miserably. I HAD to try the two at least a couple of times on the way (thereby spoiling any chance of anaerobic ageing, but well, you can't please'em all).

They taste really good IMHO, but then again I am fairly biased. Will send of a few small samples to people for reviews really soon now...

Anyway, I have ordered and recieved more blending tobacco and will make up slightly bigger batches and also introduce the OleFattVaPer and the OleFattOriental.