måndag, oktober 02, 2006

Almost got a Dunhill

On a business trip with colleagues T and J, we visited Uppsala an ancient Unversity town up North. On the way to the meeting we passed a B&M and I just slipped in to have a look. Among all the Stanwells and Ratos was a single Dunhill Bruyere size 2 Billiard in a lovely condition, oxidized stem and a "20" marked as Year. This was labeled 595 SEK (App 80 $)!

With a slight tremor in my voice I asked the young lady behind the counter whether that was actually the price of "the pipe with a white dot" as I sneakingly innocently put it. -Sure, she answered at picked it out of the cabinet. Does it come with a sock or bag or something, I continued. "Sure" was again the answer, "I just gotta check for it" and she went behind the counter. She soon returned with a wrinkled little taped paper note in her hand. "I found another price in the bowl" she said. My spirits sank. "995" she said (app 130 $). "OK" said I, still thinking it would be a bargain at app half the prize, and at the same time a bit less of guilty conscience.

Then she folded the note up once more "Oh, its 1.995 SEK!" (app 275$). Blast. No more bargain, even though the pipe surely was worth it...