lördag, september 16, 2006

Ad agency party recruiting

So I went to this party that a competitor/colleague arranged. They had the nicest city office with a cool roof terrace in a 19th century building so there was a BBQ and live bands and beer and White Russian aplenty.

I was enjoying a nice pipe of Wingate when I noticed this young woman approaching me with a nervous smile. It turned out she had "stolen" a pipe from her father which had belonged to her grandfather, and she wanted to know if I could show her how to use it!

Charmed by her innocent looks and always willing to expand the pipe community we spent a good half hour sharing advice, tobacco and some cleaners. She was ever so happy she had finally brought up enough guts to ask me about pipe smoking, and assured me she would continue to smoke that beloved bulldog (that her father had been only to happy to give her once he found out she wanted it).