söndag, februari 19, 2006

PIpe breakdown

As I was using the old in-out technique to get the fire going in my Lectura I suddely noticed a drop on my hand which fell from the pipe. Surprised I did a few more in-outs and noted that a minute stream of smoke actually blew sideways out of the tenon / stem part of the pipe.
On closer inspection it turned out that just where the stamping of "340" had been done on my Big Ben Lectura there was a crack about a 3/8 of an inch. it followed the grain and showed only like here when it had become wet with pipe juice.

I brought the pipe back to Brobergs and the nice lady (must find out their names, now that they recognise me) wrote a receipt and assured me they would check it out as soon as "the boss was back" which probably means Monday since we´re in the "Sportlov" holiday season.