tisdag, april 17, 2007

N.Y. Pipe from Ed Burak


I went to N.Y.C. for a conference, and had the first day(which also coincidentally happened to be my birthday) off, mainly due to the way airline companies put their prices on their services. I wouldn't dream of complaining, on the contrary I am a happy camper.

Thus, I received one of the finest birthday gifts ever! A day's strolling about Midtown Manhattan looking for a pipe maker's shop around Radio City Music Hall is really a well spent day, and finally I found Ed's little shop in the basement labyrinth. In spite of what the guards told me, it DOES exist, and Ed himself gave the (probably sound) advice to enter directly from the street level instead of going down next to the Hall...

I spent a good hour in the shop chatting away with the very friendly and pipe savvy Ed, and came out with a lovely Prince of Wales and a pound of two different tobacco blends, Turkish Black and Scottish Ribbon. The choice of blends was on Ed's recommendation after he had interviewed me on my tastes, and they were spot on, I am happy to report after having tried them both in his (my) pipe!